Ozone (O3) is Mother Nature's perfect purifier. You probably know it as the “Ozone Layer”. It exists when oxygen (O2) is exposed to ultraviolet light, or exposed to high voltages of lightning. That fresh, clean smell that we notice after a rain storm is ozone. As the oxygen molecules (O2) are exposed to these energy fields, they dissociate and split, forming atoms (O1).
These wandering oxygen atoms then recombine with other (O2) molecules in the air stream, forming ozone (O3). Ozone is nothing more than another molecular form of oxygen. Because ozone is highly reactive, it readily oxidizes (breaks down) organic matter. When ozone encounters another compound, one oxygen atom will break away, attach itself to the compound, and oxidize (clean or purify) it.
A fast-acting and effective treatment technology, ozone is used in a variety of water treatment applications.
Ozone treatment is commonly used by as a disinfection process in the
Municipal water treatment centers traditionally use Chlorine to treat city water. Chlorine is associated with bad taste, bad smell, and harmful by-products.
Arctic Chiller uses ozone to ensure the sanitation of its products and because it is a highly effective disinfectant, without having any of the negative attributes of Chlorine.
Ozone is superior to any other disinfection method because of its high oxidation state.
• Ozone is not associated with harmful by-products, and naturally reverts to oxygen, so no taste or odor is associated after its use.
• Ozone fully dissipates within 24-hours, provides for sanitized product water which is bacteria free and maintains potable state within sealed container.
• Ozone is generated on-site, uses electrical current to change O2 to O3. Therefore no dangerous chemical disinfectant storage or chemical
handling is required.
• The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) standard of residual ozone level of 0.2 to 0.4 ppm, provides for disinfection to both the water
and the bottle.
• Destroys bacteria instantly, after 24-hour ozone dissipation product water has no residual taste of odor, is sanitized and contains no
Ozone treatment is employed by Arctic Chiller to ensure safe product quality & effective
disinfection of water.
Have more questions about Ozone in bottled water? Feel free to contact us at Arctic Chiller.
As Western Canada’s leader in High Quality – Great Tasting water, we value all inquiries about our Quality Assurance program.
Copyright © 2013 - All Rights Reserved - Arctic Chiller
Designed by Arctic Chiller